Export Resize

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-02-01 03:03:11

I often work on images at a higher resoluton than they will be published. It would be useful to be able to downsize the exported image at time of export from the export dialog box.

What I do at the moment is either downsize, export then undo or use a script that downsizes the exported image before uploading. Neither of these options is ideal.

2018-02-05 10:31:47

Yep, a great suggestion and that's one of the things we definitely do have in mind!

2018-02-27 10:03:17

Hi Andrius.

I have a request for how this feature could be implemented (that just occurred to me). If I resize an image using Image Size..., style effects (e.g. Stroke) do not resize with the image, i.e. a 5px stroke stays a 5px stroke regardless of the resize.

I would want a resize at export to work differently. Since I want the exported image to look exactly like the higher resolution version (just smaller), I would want these styles to scale with the image, either by some very clever programming or the quick and easy way of rendering the entire image to a flat pixel layer before resizing.

I hope this can make it into the plan. It may be that you're already thinking this way.

All the best,

- Stef.

2018-03-06 00:05:03

P.S. It would be really good if I could add a logo or watermark after resizing for export. This would ensure that the logo would appear at the same size on all exported images regardless of the dimensions of the source file.

2018-03-07 10:08:55

Interesting idea — I've passed it on to the design team.