Command + Click to select Layers

What features would you like to see in Pixelmator Pro?

2018-01-26 17:02:42

Bring back Command + Click on a layer to Select!!!
I've been doing graphic design for 20 years and have been using this feature that long, I shouldn't have to Google how to do it!!!

It's been the same process for that long and you guys just decided to throw out a widely known command and replace it with... no functionality at all? Seriously?

Comon' guys, don't pull an FCPX on Pixelmator Pro and alienate your core users.

2018-03-02 23:42:01

Seconding this, come on. It was widely used, why was it removed?
This feels like punishment for loyal users who've decided to upgrade.

2018-03-04 10:42:33

+1

2018-03-04 18:47:29

I'm confused. :confused:

I fired up classic Pixelmator (version 3.7) to see what this behaviour was. Looks like command-clicking on a layer selects a layer in addition to layers that are currently selected. Or deselects a layer when there are multiple layers selected and the layer clicked on is already selected.

Moving to Pixelmator Pro (version 1.0.8)... I see the same behaviour.

@Rodrigo Araujo, @pixr: Are you still seeing a problem? Or am I missing something?

(edit): an 8 followed by a close bracket is rendered by the forum as :sunglasses:. lol.

2018-03-05 11:34:02

I managed to miss this thread before, but I believe the feature people are missing is the Load Selection shortcut when Command-clicking a layer thumbnail in the Layers sidebar (/Layers palette in the original Pixelmator). The feature itself (Load Selection) is very much there in Pixelmator Pro — you can find it in the Edit menu (Edit > Load Selection). It also has the Option-Command-L keyboard shortcut. The reason the Command-click shortcut is not currently available in Pixelmator Pro is mostly technical, but this is very much on our list of things to add and I think you'll see it in the app fairly soon.

2018-03-05 13:24:18

Thanks for clearing that up, Andrius. I had the feeling I wasn't seeing the whole picture.

2018-03-25 15:14:46

by st3f 2018-03-05 13:24:18 Thanks for clearing that up, Andrius. I had the feeling I wasn't seeing the whole picture.
Thank you too