Convert 'Select and Mask' Softness Parameter to Image?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2022-04-26 08:52:01

hi, I would like to keep the effect which happens when increasing Softness parameter in Select and Mask as part of an image I'm editing. Which is basically kind of like highlighting edges of an object, is it possible? Please see the attached pics
Image Image .

2022-04-26 09:52:59

Hi, not 100% sure what you´re after. Probably a blurry transition from Object to Background? I converted the selection to shape, added a blurred stroke:

2022-04-26 10:56:01

by EllenM 2022-04-26 06:52:59 Hi, not 100% sure what you´re after. Probably a blurry transition from Object to Background? I converted the selection to shape, added a blurred stroke:
thank you !
although it seems, maybe I'm going eyecrazy, the selection and mask tool gives a bit different visual result, more like gradient-opacity, I'll see what I can develop what you offered into

2022-04-26 11:26:21

What's happening is the blurred part of the white overlay is creating a kind of inner glow effect with around 50% opacity. You can recreate it like this:
Basically, there's a layer above the rectangle with a stroke and that layer is clipped to the rectangle layer. The stroke layer is blurred using a Gaussian blur effect (radius: 5 px) and the opacity of the stroke layer is at 50%. Should do the trick!