Brush problem

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-03-10 13:44:32

Hi,

Im using Pixelmator Pro at work to create marketing material. I have a specific case now when I want to put text in a field off grass and get the layer effect of it. My original thought was to create my own brush which mimics straw of grass. But I can't really understand how it works.
Stopped trying to make my own because it was time consuming, so downloaded .arp's and imported successfully. NOW to my problem.

Its like it doesn't want to recognize the new brush. It changes the settings, opacity, size etc but the brush pattern stays equal to the original brush I used earlier. Please explain what I'm doing wrong.

2021-03-10 13:48:34

Realize now that I posted in the wrong category, is it possible to move this thread?

2021-03-10 16:30:12

Hi Edvin, I moved your topic for you. Changing the size/opacity of the brush (or more precisely, the Paint tool) won't change its pattern, for that you'd need to edit the internal settings of the brush. Would you be able to share a link to the brushes and an example of the effect you'd like to achieve? That would make it easier for us to give you some suggestions.