Camera Details

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2021-03-01 11:05:52

Hi ... I have just ditched LR and PS due mainly to economics in these uncertain times, I found Pixelmator Pro to do pretty well everything I needed with a few workarounds, however I upload regularly to Photo Hosting websites specifically Flickr and Photocrowd. I have notice all my previous uploads of photos processed in LR or PS or both have the exif date displayed along with camera details and lens spec but photos uploaded using Pixelmator do not.
I found this information useful as do others viewing the photos, indeed i have purchased cameras based on this information and the results they achieve. Am I doing something wrong (I'm not a tech guru by any means) or does Pixelmator simply not allow this. May thanks in advance.

2021-03-02 13:57:09

Hi Adrian, are you using Export for Web to export your images by any chance? There are two export options in Pixelmator Pro and they work slightly differently — Export for Web removes the metadata, while the regular Export command (available from the File menu) keeps it.

2021-03-02 14:22:28

by Aurelija 2021-03-02 13:58:36 Hi Adrian, are you using Export for Web to export your images by any chance? There are two export options in Pixelmator Pro and they work slightly differently — Export for Web removes the metadata, while the regular Export command (available from the File menu) keeps it.
Thank you for the reply ..... I export to Desktop export from the drop down menu ... I check it is Jpeg before the transfer to desktop ... I then drag and drop into the website upload page for Photocrowdand and Flickr and once installed on my profile there is no exif data

Camera NIKON D5200
Lens model 10.0-20.0 mm f/4.0-5.6
Shutter speed 1/20
Aperture f/11
Focal length 10 mm
35mm equivalent 15 mm
ISO 100

This what has come up on the Photocrowd web page previously and that from a photo edited in LR and PS. Similar on Flickr.

Uploaded photos edited in Pixelmator there is no such thing.

https://www.photocrowd.com/photos/tinke ... d2f815848/

Is an example of a photo edited in pixelmator and uploaded as described earlier. I have never used the Export for web button ever.

As I say I am not a techie person so any help is much appreciated.

2021-03-05 13:48:24

Thanks for getting back to me. Before uploading the edited photos to the web, could you try opening them in Photos or Preview on your Mac and check if the metadata is missing there as well?

2021-03-05 14:23:07

Hi Aurelija ... If I open the images in "Photos" from my camera the information is there. After editing in Pixelmator Pro and re-opening in Photos the information is still there.

As for "preview" tbh I'm not sure where to find the information !!!! sorry .

Thanks again for your help.

2021-03-09 09:07:15

In Preview, Tools > Show Inspector should bring up the image details. If the details are also there, they're most likely getting lost somewhere in the upload process. To verify that, you could try resaving the same image using Photos or Preview and upload it to Flickr or Photocrowd to see if the metadata is maintained.