Undoing started to randomly corrupt my image, hiding/showing the layer doesn't fix the issue.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-12-27 16:57:32

I was doing some cutting with the polygonal tool, I fricked up something up and casually pressed cmd z to undo, but then the thing happened I attached to the post. It just created an empty box. The more I undid, the more empty boxes appeared (the boxes appeared at areas where I had cut with the tool). Well, the image is now corrupt, and since Pixelmator doesn't have any autosave option I can't recover. Is there something I could do to prevent this from happening in the future? It's really annoying how unreliable the current versions of Pixelmator Pro are with bugs like this, and a lot of the times I just really wish I could just go back to the Pixelmator Classic as it's a lot more reliable and polished.

2021-01-04 17:10:59

Unless you've turned it off (and it doesn't look like you have), Pixelmator Pro does have autosaving and supports the Versions feature of macOS – you can choose File > Revert To > Browse All Versions to go back to a previous version of your image.

As for the issue, it's a serious one and, luckily, doesn't look like it's particularly widespread (yours is the only report I can currently see). However, we'd love to take a closer look at what's going wrong, so, if you haven't yet, it would be great if you could email us at support@pixelmator.com with your system specs and any repro steps you might be able to think of.

P.S. We took a few days off during the holiday period, so we have quite a few emails to get through and it will take us a little longer to reply, but we'll definitely get back to you.