How do I apply a color adjustment to multiple layers at once?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-09-03 17:26:01

Forgive what may be a dumb question. Imagine I've got 10 layers and each layer is photo of someone's face. I want to turn all 10 photos B&W without have to apply the color adjustment to each layer individually. I select all 10 layers in the layer list and then open Color Adj and drag the Saturation slider to 0%...but only the topmost layer changes. The others are unaffected. The only solution I can find is to Group all of the layers and then apply the adjustment to that Group...however if I Ungroup, I lose all those adjustments. I really want the color adjustment applied to each layer individually without having to Group. Am I missing an obvious solution?

thank,
Cory

2020-09-08 14:14:00

Hey Cory, you aren't missing an obvious solution, at least I don't think so, but there are few ways you can do this more quickly. One is to apply the adjustment to one layer, then Control-click it in the Layers sidebar and choose Color Adjustments > Copy Adjustments. After that, select all the other layers, Control-click one of them, and choose Color Adjustments > Paste Adjustments. However, if you want to apply one adjustment to all the layers at once and have it automatically update after changing some of the settings, then grouping would probably be your best option.

2020-09-14 00:01:06

that's actually a great solution. thank you so much! Still not quite as intuitive as I would hope, but a very harmless workaround.

thanks
Cory