Color proof for typography (CMYK)

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-07-30 21:32:13

Hello friends!

Very handy and friendly application, thank you.
I meet a problem with the output of the image to print. When working with a file, I set the sRGB color profile and then select the color proof FOGRA 39. I send the completed image in the .TIFF FOGRA 39 format. But when I open the image in the program, I preview it or print it with a strong loss of the gamut range. Tell me there are restrictions or instructions for this? Image

2020-07-31 14:37:35

Hi Dmitry. Just to be sure — do you export your image only with the FOGRA 39 soft proofing applied, or do you additionally choose this profile in the Export dialog here:

2020-08-01 12:54:58

Sorry, I am using Pixelmator Pro. And you need to convert to tiff, not jpeg.
How to move my question to Pixelmator Pro thread?

2020-08-03 12:47:00

Right! I forgot to change the file format when taking the screenshot but TIFF should have Color Profile as an option as well. ;) Essentially, Pixelmator Pro only works within the RGB color space but it's possible to convert images to CMYK or grayscale when exporting. That's pretty much why I wanted to know how you typically export your images. :wink: While soft proofing only simulates how the image would look like on a different device or when printed, changing the color profile in the Export dialog assigns that profile to the image.