Printed Manual for Pixelmator Pro

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2020-03-20 21:15:43

I had been a Pixelmator user since its release and then purchased Pixelmator Pro when it came out. I do most of my editing in Apple Photos and some extensions (including the Pixelmator ones) but really wanted to learn more about what Pixelmator Pro can do. I have tried over the years various versions of Photoshop Elements and then Photoshop itself, but never really went beyond the basics and thought it was time.
I have found the online help manual and the tutorials, but I feel more comfortable (yes an old-timer) with a printed manual next to me as I attempt to learn a program - as opposed to watching a video and trying to duplicate what I saw in the video.
Any suggestions - assuming there is anything available?
Thanks
Steve

2020-03-20 21:27:08

2020-03-20 21:50:24

Yes, I know about those but I specifically mentioned preferring something printed, like a manual or PDF file. Thanks anyway

2020-03-23 10:40:39

Swandy, we'd absolutely love to create something like this — however, as our app gets constant updates and changes quite rapidly, an in-depth manual would become outdated quite quickly. Having said that, a 'get started' guide might be more suited to this kind of format and that's something we've been thinking about recently.

2020-03-23 15:58:30

by Andrius 2020-03-23 10:40:39 Swandy, we'd absolutely love to create something like this — however, as our app gets constant updates and changes quite rapidly, an in-depth manual would become outdated quite quickly. Having said that, a 'get started' guide might be more suited to this kind of format and that's something we've been thinking about recently.
Understand about the constant updates - can see the changes even with my limited experience - but. a "get started would be great. I used PS/LR for years but moved to Apple Photo when it was released (various reasons) and with all the updates and changes - especially the ability to use extensions and external editors - it does probably 90% of what I generally need. I started with the original Pixelmator because could not see paying for PS updates (and then purchased Pro) but still have not had the time/inclination to learn what the program is really capable of. (Just like I never felt the need with Photoshop when Lightroom also did 90% of what I needed.)
Thanks, Steve

2020-03-30 06:26:59

by Swandy 2020-03-23 15:58:30
Understand about the constant updates - can see the changes even with my limited experience - but. a "get started would be great. I used PS/LR for years but moved to Apple Photo when it was released (various reasons) and with all the updates and changes - especially the ability to use extensions and external editors - it does probably 90% of what I generally need. I started with the original Pixelmator because could not see paying for PS updates (and then purchased Pro) but still have not had the time/inclination to learn what the program is really capable of. (Just like I never felt the need with Photoshop when Lightroom also did 90% of what I needed.)
Thanks, Steve
There are some good you tube videos out there...

2023-07-10 13:10:05

by ResLes
There are some good you tube videos out there...
didn't he emphasize enough that he was looking for a printed (PDF) format?

2023-08-24 18:01:31

by Andrius Swandy, we'd absolutely love to create something like this — however, as our app gets constant updates and changes quite rapidly, an in-depth manual would become outdated quite quickly. Having said that, a 'get started' guide might be more suited to this kind of format and that's something we've been thinking about recently.
I'd love to see a "get started" guide!