Warp, Bump, Pinch, & Twirl Tools - Can't get them to work - Help

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-12-03 22:32:53

I am just getting started with Pixelmator Pro. I am having trouble getting the reshape tools to work (warp, bump, pinch, twirl). I am using a trackpad. I created a new document with a colored background then created three shapes on separate layers. Now I am trying to use the reshape tools on the shapes I created. I can't get it to work. I know it is something simple that I am overlooking. I am trying to pinch and twirl with my trackpad and I get nothing. Much appreciated if you can help.

Replies were helpful. I converted a layer to pixels and that worked.

Thx
-Jon

2019-12-04 10:22:19

Hi Jon,

Unless I'm mistaken, I believe the distort tools are only applicable to raster layers. Shape layers can't be distorted with those tools.

Can you convert one of the layers to pixels and try again? You can convert a shape layer to a pixel layer from Format > Convert into Pixels or by control clicking the layer.

Stewart

2019-12-04 11:01:25

Agreed. I think that the Warp, Bump, Pinch and Twirl tools are only designed to work on bitmap layers. The distortion effects will work on a shape layer though. Go to Format > Effects > Distortion > ... for a the non-destructive tools that will work on bitmaps, shapes and text.
Hope this helps.
- Stef.

2019-12-04 14:17:09

Yep, as has already been correctly pointed out, those tools are designed for raster layers only but you can convert any layer to pixels in the Format menu or try some of the nondestructive effects if you really need nondestructiveness. :ok_hand: