50% off upgrade.

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-10-30 17:05:59

Hi all. Has the 50% off offer for upgrade closed now? I've just gone to upgrade and can't seem to get the discount! Only had the notification for it yesterday!

2019-11-01 09:33:11

Hi there, yes, the sale ended on the 29th — so the day you saw the notification was the last day to get the discount.

2019-11-14 22:52:28

After seeing a note in an online (to Pixelmator) forum, I looked for the upgrade last month on the App store but was unable to get any upgrade price because I didn't purchase the original via Apple. I purchased Pixelmator when it was published by smith micro and have the retail version. I still have the original disk and manual, serial PIXEL-14-NZBGR-ZVFGE-XXXXX-XXXX. My email has changed several times in the years since I purchased the software.I never found any mechanism that offered me a discount to upgrade to Pixelmator Pro or any other variant. Now that I've gone completely 64 bit, being able to get a solid upgrade compatible with my new Mac would be a great outcome. The bundle price is illogical - why buy both? Are there no upgrade discounts for original purchasers?

2019-11-15 16:17:34

by Steven Kiepe 2019-11-14 22:52:28 The bundle price is illogical - why buy both? Are there no upgrade discounts for original purchasers?
If we could give a discount to pre-Mac App Store Pixelmator owners to purchase Pixelmator Pro on the Mac App Store, we 100% would. As it stands, seeing as we're 100% Mac App Store-only, that's not possible and probably won't be in the future — my advice would be to keep an eye out for any Pixelmator Pro global sales/discounts, either by following our social accounts or signing up for the newsletter. While we don't have sales very often, the deals are often pretty darn good.

P.S. The bundle does provide a discount to owners of the original Pixelmator who bought the app on the MAS as it subtracts the price paid for it from the bundle price.