Does Pixelmator Pro have smooth drawing?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-10-10 04:59:20

Photoshop have a brush stabilizer which makes your lines smoother! Does Pixelmator Pro have this feature? If not are you planning to added soon?

Thanks

2019-10-10 12:25:10

Hey Mimi, Pixelmator Pro doesn't have this feature yet but I think it would be awesome to add — I've put this onto our feature request list!

2020-12-22 07:45:57

Just wondered if they're still considering this. I would use Pixelmator more often for drawing if they did. (I don't have the steadiest of hands) :)

2020-12-22 10:37:04

by chandlerart 2020-12-22 05:45:57 Just wondered if they're still considering this. I would use Pixelmator more often for drawing if they did. (I don't have the steadiest of hands) :)
Yes, actually! We've got some plans to make some improvements to the painting tools and this is one of the features we've been discussing.

2020-12-29 19:16:44

by Andrius 2020-12-22 09:37:04
Yes, actually! We've got some plans to make some improvements to the painting tools and this is one of the features we've been discussing.
Do you have any idea when this feature will be added? I am desperately needing this! :)

2021-01-04 17:26:33

by Yigit Altay 2020-12-29 17:16:44
Do you have any idea when this feature will be added? I am desperately needing this! :)
It all depends on how development goes – before a feature is finished, it's almost impossible to say with certainty when it might become available because there's always the potential for something unexpected. Right now, it's still being worked on, so all I can really say is – keep an eye out for any news. :wink:

2021-02-07 20:43:19

I’d love to see this feature too, just got a drawing pad and I’d see this smoothing being very helpful

2021-03-18 16:54:51

It would be great if it could be added to the Text freeform type feature, i'm making wavy lines and they aren't very uniform, it would be great if it could auto smooth it out.

2021-03-22 11:14:17

by Tanisha Hamelin 2021-03-18 14:54:51 It would be great if it could be added to the Text freeform type feature, i'm making wavy lines and they aren't very uniform, it would be great if it could auto smooth it out.
The Freeform Type feature uses vector-based drawing that is different from regular painting. While there's a certain degree of smoothing that comes with the Freeform Pen tool, its sensitivity is intentional as Freeform Pen is designed to let you freely create shapes and paths as if drawing by hand. Also, unlike painting with regular brushes, you can always reshape what you draw after you draw it. This pretty much eliminates the need for accuracy when handling the pen.

In cases where you do need dead-on precision when creating shapes or paths, it's best to use the regular Pen tool (or the Path Type tool, if you're adding text). You can use it to add and connect points on the canvas and adjust the direction lines to manipulate the curve of the path. There's a Pixelmator Pro User Guide section on the Pen tool you can check out here. Hope that helps!