Effects

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-08-03 18:49:05

Hi .. my 'effects' seem to have disappeared .. and is only showing a 'Gaussian, zoom and spin?

How do I get effects back Thanks

2019-08-03 20:41:11

Hi Marisa.

I think those three are the default set. If you want to add any more, there should be an Add button level with the Effects header that will allow you to add any effect. When you have a set that you like you can (I think) save the set as a default set by using the Add button followed by Save As Default. I'm being deliberately vague on this last bit as it's functionality I don't use. I just tend to add effects as I need them.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.

2019-08-03 22:57:56

Thanks Stef
After a bit of looking around I found then under view/hide-show presets

Sorted :)

2020-12-01 21:52:31

There used to be a vertical list showing thumbnails of various options where you could choose from 'vibrant', 'vivid', 'calm', 'vintage', etc. Right at the top of this vertical list of thumbnails was 'None' which you could choose to go back to your original. Since the last few updates, I cannot find that vertical list of thumbnails, which I used to find extremely handy.

2020-12-02 12:13:19

Patrick, that was the Presets bar – the presets have now been moved to the top of the Tool Options pane. We cover this in our What's New in Pixelmator Pro 2.0 video at around the 2:30 mark.

The original adjustment presets were removed, but you can download them here.

2021-03-01 01:02:01

How do you add in the presets after downloading them ?

2021-03-02 13:59:33

by Terrance How do you add in the presets after downloading them ?
The easiest way would be to simply drag the downloaded .adjustments file to the Pixelmator Pro icon in the Dock.