converting between rgb, cmyk & grayscale

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2019-06-14 19:16:43

is there an easy way to convert an rgb file to a grayscale...think 'image>mode>grayscale/rgb/cmyk/etc' in photoshop...please HELP...THANK YOU all in advance...take care, sam

2019-06-17 11:20:08

At this time, Pixelmator Pro supports RGB editing only. We don't really have any plans for these features as we're focusing on somewhat different areas but this is on the feature request list and every voice does influence us at least a little.

2019-06-17 11:29:36

By the way, you can convert to CMYK and grayscale in certain formats during the export stage, but could you let me know a little more about your workflow in PS using this feature? What kind of things would you be looking to do in Pixelmator Pro?

2020-09-12 00:54:11

we need to change files from bw to cmyk or rob while working

2020-09-14 09:29:36

by chipduyck 2020-09-12 00:54:11 we need to change files from bw to cmyk or rob while working
Hey there, I'm guessing you might need to work directly in BW and CMYK — i.e. set colors not in RGB (or CMYK converted to RGB), but specify exact CMYK values, right? Is so, supporting that kind of workflow isn't currently on our roadmap, but you can use soft proofing to proof your designs for those color spaces and, while exporting, convert them to those color spaces, which gets you pretty much the same functionality.

2020-12-19 20:02:30

Hi. I'm about to upgrade to OS Catalina or Big Sur, and I need to get rid of my Photoshop 32 bit. I do a lot of work formatting books for authors who self publish. Simply, I need to know the answer to this question: Can images be saved in CMYK vs RGB at export? That's it. That's my question. I'm about an hour into searching for this answer and just need to know before I purchase. All the self publishing platforms require 300dpi images and saved for CMYK. Yes or no? I appreciate any quick response ... I was going to buy today and then couldn't get an answer to this. Will keep looking in the meantime.

2020-12-22 10:23:43

by Gary James 2020-12-19 18:02:30 Hi. I'm about to upgrade to OS Catalina or Big Sur, and I need to get rid of my Photoshop 32 bit. I do a lot of work formatting books for authors who self publish. Simply, I need to know the answer to this question: Can images be saved in CMYK vs RGB at export? That's it. That's my question. I'm about an hour into searching for this answer and just need to know before I purchase. All the self publishing platforms require 300dpi images and saved for CMYK. Yes or no? I appreciate any quick response ... I was going to buy today and then couldn't get an answer to this. Will keep looking in the meantime.
Apologies about the relatively slow response but, yes, images can be exported to CMYK – that, combined with soft proofing, means you should have no trouble with your workflow.

P.S. You can always take Pixelmator Pro for a test drive by checking out the free trial.