SVG color fonts

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-10-19 05:14:31

I like the Gilbert Color font but where are the other 4, or how are they called?

Is it possible to change the colors of gilbert?

Thanks

2018-10-19 11:20:50

There's just one color font (the release notes mention five Automator actions, so maybe that's what confused you). In any case, any other color fonts find on the web will work — http://colorfonts.wtf is a good resource. And no, the way color fonts work now, all the colors are basically an essential part of the composition of the characters, so they're pretty much set. Of course, you could apply a Fill layer style to the text layer and play around with the blending modes, that will definitely give you some cool results.

2018-10-19 16:24:04

Oh, yes was just the gilbert one you are right.

Thanks for the suggestion with playing around with blend modes. There are really cool results there.

I tried to use the color replace tool it worked for just one font color part - I could export it and then import it again so I can use the color replace tool again.

It would be much easier if I could use the color replace tool more then ones ... Could you implement this feature in a future update? Thanks

2018-10-19 17:21:00

I second the request.Color Replace is a useful feature and would benefit from the ability to layer it multiple times (edit: either that or a Color Replace tool that can have multiple lines of replacements).

That said, there are some alternatives and workarounds.
First, have a look at the Selective Color tool. It's a bit like running 8 Color Replaces at once. The downside is that the 8 source colours are fixed. It should work well with the bright colours in the Gilbert Color font, though. Hold down the Option key if you want to make a big change in hue.

Second, if you don't mind flattening effects, you can hold the Option key down when looking at Color Replace. The Reset Adjustments button will turn into a Flatten Adjustments button. Press it and your Adjustments will be committed to the layer, allowing you to add another Color Replace Adjustment (easier than exporting and importing).

Last, the cludge. This one feels like hacking.
1. Add a Replace Color adjustment to your layer.
2. Put your layer in a group.
3. Add a Replace Color adjustment to your group.
4. Put your group in a group.
repeat until you have replaced enough colours or broken Pixelmator Pro. I just went 5 layers deep and felt like I was in Inception. Pixelmator Pro was fine, though.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.

2018-10-20 08:07:05

Thanks Stef for you input I will try the options you have suggested...

2018-10-20 09:13:51

Wow, thanks Stef.

I have learned a lot (specially the option stuff) for future tweaks with your first 2 solutions... with the present project it doesnt work out now because I need brand colours but hack 3 works great and its better then export and import the pics.

Also I will check out Andrius recommendation with the website link... @Andrius: thanks for that.