Add for Export...

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-09-12 08:40:14

I just found the Add for Export... feature in Pixelmator Pro 1.1.4. When I right click on group in the layers panel I can add only what is in that group to the list of exports. That's something that I'm going to find really useful.

When I design a group of similar objects (icons, buttons and so on), I usually create them on top of each other in the same document, each in a group (so that they can use the same guides and so on). When it comes time to export them, I make each group visible, one at a time and export what is visible, one group at a time. Now, as long as I add a zero opacity rectangle to bound the selection, I can make each group export to its own file by running a single export using Export for Web.

Thanks for adding this. Its something that I really wanted but never got around to requesting. :grinning:

2018-09-12 08:45:44

That's awesome to hear, Stef!

All this is in the User Guide but I'm sure we could do a better job documenting these features in tutorials to make them easier to learn about.

2018-09-12 16:30:35

All this is in the User Guide...
...which I should read. :flushed:

Truth is, I've read specific bits when I wanted to know something, but a full read would probably do me good.

2018-09-12 16:47:32

by st3f 2018-09-12 13:31:31
...which I should read. :flushed:

Truth is, I've read specific bits when I wanted to know something, but a full read would probably do me good.
Nah, I'm not so sure that would be such a good idea :smiley: The way it's written, the Help manual is precisely intended to be opened at specific sections, so there's lots of repetition. If we were to compile a User Guide, then it would be written more as a document that should be read from cover to cover. But there's a few other things to take care of before we can move on to a project like that...