Where is the Alpha Channel?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2018-01-09 16:53:23

I import an image into PP with an alpha channel.

Where is it? How can I access the content of the alpha channel?

It is called a pro version, so it better be there somewhere, but I cannot locate it.

Can anyone help?

2018-01-10 11:59:29

There isn't a way to directly see the alpha channel on its own, but if you could let me know what kind of edits you're trying to make, I'd be more than happy to suggest how you could do this in Pixelmator Pro, if possible.

2018-01-20 21:08:58

I'm looking for this same kind of thing. I want to make a top layer slightly transparent so I can align it with the layer underneath.

2018-01-21 03:03:49

I was able to achieve this by creating a new layer, on that layer select the entire area of the image underneath, and add a mask to the new layer. Then use the erase tool at a mid opacity, and erase the entire layer. Finally I renamed the layer to TRANSPARENT and was able to put it one layer above whichever layer I wanted to make opaque.

2018-01-21 05:58:04

You can adjust the opacity of the current layer by clicking the "Style" tool (very top of the tools panel on the right, and/or very top item in the Tools menu in the menu bar).

2018-02-22 23:17:21

by Andrius 2018-01-10 11:59:29 There isn't a way to directly see the on its own, but if you could let me know what kind of edits you're trying to make, I'd be more than happy to suggest how you could do this in Pixelmator Pro, if possible.
As a feature request (which I'm sure other people want from the pro version as they've been asking since the basic version) being able to mess around with the alpha channel would be a big one. There's a lot in here which makes me reluctant to call the app 'Pro' and I feel a bit duped. The interface is prettier, but not as friendly. And there seems to be features missing from the original version now? I thought the purpose of a Pro app was to add features.