Still can’t change the UI color in Pixelmator Pro

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2017-12-08 15:11:04

I’m absolutely staggered this hasn’t been included in the Pro release (& added to the existing version!).

OVERLAPPING BLACK WINDOWS & TOOL PANELS MAKE PIXELMATOR UNUSABLE. There are no edges to them & the system drop shadows are lost in the background. Not to mention text legibility - dark gray on black?! I can’t see in the dark! I’m pretty sure that’s standard for humans. Also, increase the text size, or add the option to. It’s basic accessibility provision. And I don’t even have bad eyesight.

Your customers have been telling you this is a problem for years (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7630&hilit=no+more+black). Listen to them! As a matter of urgency!

To would-be buyers, don’t buy Pixelmator Pro if you like to see what you’re doing/don’t like neck strain/don’t own a pair of binoculars.

2017-12-08 15:31:52

The thing is, we've tried creating a light interface for both Pixelmator and Pixelmator Pro but haven't yet managed to do it in a way that we feel works well for editing images. One thing I can say is — we do (really) have this idea in mind for the future. I can't make any promises and say it will definitely happen but a light UI is very much on our feature request list.

2018-06-01 16:52:38

Dear Andrius,

You will know that one can change the colour of the UI on Photoshop CC 2018 and there a light grey UI "works very well for editing images".

I can hardly use Pixelmator Pro on my 15" MacBook because of the almost illegible UI.

So you might want to revise your priority list.

All the Best.

H.