Would the Distort and Retouch tools be available in Pro?

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2017-12-08 05:48:22

I am new to the pixelmator pro, and attracted by those tools, but after installed thepixelmator pro they were not appear in the apple's Photos App, and can not be found in the system preference.

When I try to get the tools from the website, it brings me to thepixelmator page in APP store.

Would the Distort and Retouch tools be available inpixelmatorPro?

2017-12-08 14:49:51

We haven't made a final decision about this, but it's possible they'll be added to Pixelmator Pro in a future update — we've had quite a few requests for them, so I think we may see them added.

2017-12-25 11:46:42

+1 for this feature request.

This is a really nice question, i was also attracted to Pixelmator due to the Distort and Retouch tools. I'm starting to think i would have started my purchase with basic Pixelmator instead of the new Pro version which seem like it still has a long way to catch up with the basic Pixelmator.

2018-09-21 19:20:31

by Andrius 2017-12-08 19:49:51 We haven't made a final decision about this, but it's possible they'll be added to Pixelmator Pro in a future update — we've had quite a few requests for them, so I think we may see them added.
Nearly a year later, and I still don't see basic distort/skew tools in Pro... Am I missing something? I find it hard to believe that these basic functions haven't been implemented yet.

2018-09-24 09:17:49

There is a way to transform the perspective of layers in Pixelmator Pro and that's using the Perspective Transform effect (Format > Effects > Other > Perspective Transform).

We also have plans to add separate skew/distort features to the app, but there are a few technical hurdles to get over and we're working on several other features for the time being.