How to adjust the default template

Talk about Pixelmator Pro, share tips & tricks, tutorials, and other resources.

2017-12-07 14:09:56

When one opens a new file, you get to choose from a number of templates. One of them is called "Default". Is it possible to adjust the default template and save it as such?

2017-12-07 15:19:36

If I understood correctly, you are wondering if it is possible to add an edited image to the Template Chooser. Unfortunately, the answer is no. I'll try to explain why it is so. First of all, Template chooser is just for selecting the right dimensions, resolution and the depth of an image. If you have already edited an image, only those previously mentioned parameters are saved with the template. If you want to create a template, just press File > Save As Template.... Then a popup will appear. Press Add to Template Chooser. Now you can see your new template! Next time you will open Pixelmator Pro, you can find just created template by pressing My Templates in the menu on the left.

2017-12-07 21:09:49

Thank you very much.

2018-10-12 11:31:45

I do not understand... I can´t fix 500x262pixel so it will crop that size forever...

2018-10-12 12:12:46

Hi Ulf.

It's not clear to me whether you want to set an image size of 500 × 262 or if you are getting a default size of 500 × 262 and want to change it to something else. I'll try to cover both options. Let me know if I've misunderstood you.

The default template is of a size auto-generated by Pixelmator Pro based on (I think) the pixel size of your screen and the size of any Pixelmator Pro windows that are currently open. If you want to create an image of a different size, pick a different template or enter the width and height that you want in the appropriate boxes.

If you want to add a template, create an image of the size and resolution that you want then pick File > Save as Template…: the template will be available under My Templates whenever you create a new image.

Hope this helps.

- Stef.

2018-10-13 21:28:59

"If you want to add a template, create an image of the size and resolution that you want then pick File > Save as Template…: the template will be available under My Templates whenever you create a new image."

This was the answer... DANKE
Uffe

2023-04-25 09:06:23

by st3f Hi Ulf.

If you want to add a template, create an image of the size and resolution that you want then pick File > Save as Template…: the template will be available under My Templates whenever you create a new image.
Hope this helps.
- Stef.
No, it doesn’t help.
There is no such option as ”File > Save as Template” in the menus.
Only "Save" and (using the Option key) the alternatives "Save as" or "Duplicate".

A gay from the Pixelmator Team says (Jan 12, 2023):
by simonasd Hi, Tom. It currently isn't possible to save custom templates in Pixelmator Pro at the moment. This feature is on our roadmap, though.
<viewtopic.php?t=21636&hilit=save+as+template>