Pixelmator Pro reaches 10,000 five-star ratings — and goes on sale!

Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.

2020-08-25 15:06:40

Today is a huge day for Pixelmator Pro — it has just hit the incredible milestone of 10,000 five-star ratings on the Mac App Store. 10,004, to be precise. The average rating is pretty amazing too: 4.8 out of 5. So, to mark this occasion, we’ve decided to celebrate with a sale. For the next few weeks, you can get Pixelmator Pro for 30% off!

Check out the full blog post.

2020-08-25 18:39:24

Whoops! This reminds me of the case of the Nobel prize that Obama was awarded with the newly appointed president and BEFORE he did anything. I believed that the benefits were shared among those who helped achieve goals. The old customers who have had faith in this product now see that a 30% discount is offered to those who come now. (?). No more comments.

2020-08-26 08:12:54

by Yelmo Whoops! This reminds me of the case of the Nobel prize that Obama was awarded with the newly appointed president and BEFORE he did anything. I believed that the benefits were shared among those who helped achieve goals. The old customers who have had faith in this product now see that a 30% discount is offered to those who come now. (?). No more comments.
With a pay-up-front model, sales are one of the ways we make money in order to be able to continue working on our apps. There's a graph in this post by Max Seelemann of Ulysses which illustrates this quite well. But basically, the goal is to draw people's attention either through awesome updates or sales, because otherwise, we fade into obscurity.

It obviously goes without saying that we appreciate everyone who uses our apps, be they existing users or new ones, and we especially appreciate people who share their feedback and ideas, their artworks, help us hunt down bugs, and spread the word about our apps to others. But sales are kind of a necessary thing and I would hope most users won't feel hard done by because somebody got the app for a smaller amount of money.

2020-08-26 16:17:34

Perfect timing! I've owned the original Pixelmator since 2011 and I've been testing the free trial for Pixelmator Pro for the past two weeks. Today I decided that the new version was worth it (and c'mon, I've received 9 years of free updates) and it has a discount!

I love how easy it is to change the background in portrait photos taken with an iPhone, and it definitely feels more robust. Thank you for your hard work!

2020-08-27 14:25:08

by Joeeeel Perfect timing! I've owned the original Pixelmator since 2011 and I've been testing the free trial for Pixelmator Pro for the past two weeks. Today I decided that the new version was worth it (and c'mon, I've received 9 years of free updates) and it has a discount!

I love how easy it is to change the background in portrait photos taken with an iPhone, and it definitely feels more robust. Thank you for your hard work!
Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to say thanks!

2020-08-28 22:13:13

Well done guys richly deserved.

2020-08-31 13:58:33

by Floyd Summerhayes 2020-08-28 19:13:13 Well done guys richly deserved.
Cheers, Floyd!

2020-09-01 07:37:15

I love pixelmator Pro, first using ( pixelmator ) on the ipad and now on the mac ( pixelmator pro ) i tryed different programs before but i didnt get the feel i have with this program.

What i realy love is the easy to use feeling , you dont get burried unther tons of options at the beginning.

You see the program growing thats is a good thing. And ofcourse you miss stuf
you hope the put in the next update (cuch fotostacking for macro users cuch cuch )

Keep up the good work

2020-09-01 15:08:15

We're all about that ease of use! And we have even more improvements to the usability of Pixelmator Pro lined up.

2020-09-02 07:21:10

Can you give us a teaser

2020-09-02 12:57:02

by Jeroen 2020-09-02 04:21:10 Can you give us a teaser
Not yet...

2020-09-12 19:34:47

You are doing things so well! Looking forward to the upcoming update! I am sure it will be awesome!

2020-09-14 11:48:07

by Republiken 2020-09-12 19:34:47 You are doing things so well! Looking forward to the upcoming update! I am sure it will be awesome!
We hope so!

Yesterday 20:58:23

plz, how can I get the 30% off? The price of your site is 27.99 USD but in Germany in App-store I found another price 30.99 Euro !! Is this normal or I have understood something wrong? Thanks in advance. I will be happy to use this App