If you have any comments or feedback about the update, let us know here or drop us an email at email@example.com. Thanks!Pixelmator Pro 1.0.6 adds custom aspect ratios and custom presets to the Crop tool and includes a range of other improvements and bug fixes.
• Use the Crop tool to crop with your own custom ratios.
• Create and save custom crop presets.
• The Type tool will now be highlighted when a text layer is selected.
• If no text is selected, clicking a text preset will now add a new text layer with the preset style applied.
• When using the Type tool’s Color Picker, pressing the Escape key will now close the Color Picker, as it should.
• Drag shapes from the Layers view to the Shapes palette to save them to your collection.
• The selection tools will now be highlighted if there is an active selection.
• A number of performance improvements make the selection tools faster and more reliable.
• You can now copy, cut, paste, and duplicate the components inside shapes.
• The Color Selection tool now works on layers with color adjustments.
• You can now hold down the Space bar to move selections while using the Rectangular and Elliptical selection tools.
Other improvements and bug fixes
• When exporting to JPEG, the more common .jpg extension will be used instead of .jpeg.
• The BMP and GIF formats have been added to the list of file formats you can export to.
• Pressing Command-I now toggles the Invert adjustment, instead of simply applying it.
• Dotted strokes now appear as they do in the original Pixelmator, improving compatibility with PXM files.
• When changing image and canvas size, guides would be repositioned incorrectly. Fixed.
• Certain fonts with high baselines would be clipped to the boundaries of text boxes. Fixed.
• Fixed an issue that would sometimes make it impossible to change the font of certain text layers.
• Applying a gradient to the layer mask of a text layer would only work at the second attempt. Fixed.
• Copying a text layer and pasting it inside another text layer would include unnecessary text. Fixed.
• Dragging and dropping RAW images into Pixelmator Pro now works faster.
• RAW layers imported via drag and drop would sometimes have incorrect layer handles. Fixed
• Fixed an issue that would cause imported layers with transparent areas to be displayed incorrectly.
• When using the Paint tool in images with advanced color profiles, the colors in the Colors window would not match up with colors in the image. Fixed.
• Painting on an empty layer and moving a section of it would change the color of the painted areas. Fixed.
• The position of gradient fills would shift after converting text into a shape. Fixed.
• Trimming the canvas according to the color of the top left and bottom right pixels now works correctly.
• Undo steps would sometimes disappear when creating selections. Fixed.
• The Color Fill pop-up menu now correctly shows the selected blending mode.
• Occasionally, it would not be possible to save images if the Image fill effect was applied. Fixed.
• The fills of resized shapes will now be preserved more accurately.
• When using the Fill layer style on very small layers, the fill would sometimes disappear. Fixed.
• Several improvements fix flickering and positioning issues when editing shapes.
• The canvas would sometimes jump after resetting changes made with the Crop tool. Fixed.
• When exporting JPEG images without a specified color profile, one would be attached anyway. Fixed.
• If the preference for importing JPEG, PNG, and TIFF images was disabled, images opened via File > New from Photos would cause Pixelmator Pro to stop responding when saving. Fixed.
• Combining effects like Affine and Op Tile would sometimes produce infinite images and cause Pixelmator Pro to stop responding. Fixed.
• A number of fixes improve the stability of various tools that use gradients.
• Pixelmator Pro would sometimes stop responding after moving the app from a Retina to a non-Retina display. Fixed.
Discuss the latest Pixelmator news.
We've just shipped an update to Pixelmator Pro with a few sweet additions to the Crop tool (custom aspect ratios, yay) and a whole bunch of other improvements and fixes. Here are the full release notes:
Thanks for letting us know! By the way, if you haven't done so already, could you also email us about this at firstname.lastname@example.org?
Hi, Is there a discount code for people who are long-time users of Pixelmator to upgrade to the Pro version? I just joined the forum, so I'm not in the loop re possible earlier discussions on this topic. I'm a professional photographer who uses many high-end apps, and also discuss and recommend image-editing apps to many people and my former students who interned at a digital conversion lab on Capitol Hill that I managed. I'm not willing to pay the full price for an upgrade of an app that I already own, as so many other developers offer discounts to existing users as well as loyalty rewards (plug-ins, textures, LUTS, and other presets as well as discounts on other related products). They are at this same price point, and are very robust desktop programs. I've owned Pixelmator since it was first released, and would like to continue to use it, and recommend it as an alternative to higher-priced applications on the market. Thanks!