ProblemTransferring photos from pixelmator to photo album,

Discuss Pixelmator for iOS and mobile image editing.

2017-10-12 10:33:14

Since I have upgraded to iOS11 on my iPad Pro I can no longer copy photos in pixelmator to my photo album. It tells me that “photo access to photo album denied” I have spoken to Apple Support and all my settings are correct. I still have iOS10 on my ipad and the transfer of photos works fine. So it appears there is a problem with Pixelmator. This is a huge problem! Please help! THanks ALison

2018-07-06 22:45:34

I bought this app, but A have a Problem to open my photos! The App is not working!?

2018-07-07 16:54:51

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with Pixelmator for iOS. Could you describe the steps you do to open a photo? That way we can determine where in the process the error occurs. Thank you.

2018-11-15 09:29:25

Hi, i still have this problem on current version of iOS 12.

If I’m in Pixelmator iOS, the first screen with thumbnails of all my photos, then select the share sheet then copy to photos, i also get an error that ‘access to photos is denied’, which normally is fine, by going to settings, privacy, photos, you grant Pixelmator permission to access photos, except, Pixelmator app is not showing as an app in the list so can’t give it permission.

It’s the only photo editing app that doesn’t show in the iOS privacy option under photos.

Deleting and reinstalling makes no difference.

Also had same problem in iOS 11.

It used to work a few months ago.

Thanks.

2018-11-18 23:14:36

by Alihine 2017-10-12 10:33:14 Since I have upgraded to iOS11 on my iPad Pro I can no longer copy photos in pixelmator to my photo album. It tells me that “photo access to photo album denied” I have spoken to Apple Support and all my settings are correct. I still have iOS10 on my ipad and the transfer of photos works fine. So it appears there is a problem with Pixelmator. This is a huge problem! Please help! THanks ALison
Hi, as my previous post I had exact same issue, it appears the fix is really simple and I just found it randomly.

Basically open Pixelmator, press the + in the top left, then Photos and it asks if you want to give permission or not, ok, and now you can add or save images in Pixelmator to Photos again.

Hope it works for you and others.